Image Map

Monday, December 29, 2014

Toddler Bed Chronicles: Part Two

A couple posts back I told you all about the exciting new toddler bed and the high jinks Small Human gets up to when waking up in the morning. Well, this weekend's story takes the cake and I don't think anything can compare to it so far.

We didn't put the baby gate up on his door on Saturday night, a mistake we will never repeat. At first I awoke to a baby turning on the Xbox and playing with the controller. He even managed to load a game, which I guess shouldn't be surprising since his daddy makes and plays video games. While drifting in and out of consciousness, I thought I heard him open up the Skype app and call somebody. (We later found out that he had in fact, called his Nonna and Papa!)

The next part though, I didn't wake up for originally, Brendan did. He shot out of bed and ran to the kitchen because he heard the microwave turn on. This is when the shocked exclaiming woke me up. In our kitchen was our son, with the refrigerator door wide open, various items from inside the fridge strewn across the kitchen floor, which happened to be covered in egg yolks and goopy egg whites. Over half a carton of eggs, gone.

Naturally we freaked out and Small Human got sent to his room where he sulked for awhile. The weirdest thing was that there were no egg shells anywhere. You know where they were? In the garbage. He actually attempted to clean up after himself! All of this transpired at 6:45am. Maybe he was trying to make us breakfast, cause the bacon was out too.

My life is most certainly 100% more exciting and lively than it was pre-baby. No contest.

Happy last Monday of 2014! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment