Image Map

Monday, December 1, 2014

Saturday Night

On Saturday night, we were actually that sickeningly adorable family who did stuff like play with snow and slip around on ice; hung out at the toy store to play; got takeout on a freezing cold winter night; had dinner together and watched Home Alone; made fudge and had tickle fights and read books until the baby fell asleep. That actually happened. No one was crabby or angry, there was no whining, I didn't ruin the fudge, and then I had some hot apple cider and read a book. I guess sometimes great things do happen, and I'm glad I was able to recognize it and enjoy it.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and stayed warm and toasty and happy too. I will leave you now with a delicious fudge recipe:

2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
(or you can use 3 cups of semi sweet chips)
1 14oz can of sweet condensed milk
1/4 cup of softened butter
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of vanilla

Combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. (don't overheat it or it will be grainy!) Stir. Add the sea salt and vanilla. Pour into an 8" pan lined with foil. Chill and set in the fridge for as long as you can hold out, or about 1.5 hours. Cut into squares and enjoy!

I added coloured sprinkles to mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment