Image Map

Monday, December 16, 2013

Real Talk

We ran out of coffee on Saturday night because we tend to brew two pots a day on the weekends, so I popped out to the grocery store to get some more. It took me under 3 minutes to walk there, which is why I love my neighborhood and really don't want to leave it for another.

Anyway this is really sad, but when I stepped out of the house alone, I felt giddy and exhilarated! I didn't have to lug a stroller with a person in it up and down any stairs, or push anything up and down a hill. I didn't have to talk to anyone and constantly narrate my every move. It was oddly, magnificently liberating.

Honestly, I kinda felt like a caged animal that had just been let loose in the wild. Don't worry, I haven't felt like some downtrodden or oppressed woman, I swear. But it felt so good, which probably means that it doesn't happen very often and needs to happen more!

This might have something to do with Noah's new habit of screaming bloody murder when I'm not in his direct line of sight. Even if his Dada is in the same room! I somehow only just realized that we are always together save for the hour or two in the morning when the boys bond while I get to sleep in. I thought I was fine with not having a break, but I know now that I need more than just relaxing in my house while watching Doctor Who with a face masque on.

Who would've thought that going to the grocery store alone would one day be my special magic getaway?

You know what I want for Christmas? Offers of babysitting while we're in Toronto for 18 days please & thank you hint, hint. :)

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment