Image Map

Friday, December 13, 2013

Co-Sleeping is Definitely Not For Us

The last two nights, Noah has been waking up at around midnight or 1am, ready to party. As I am sure many a parent can understand, this is not an ok turn of events for us. We knew that the 12 hour sleeping couldn't last forever, but we sure wish they would.

I think it's more teething, because my poor Small Human has been so clingy and snuggly. Due to this clingy adorableness, and coupled with the fact that B and I are both dead tired, we've been taking him into our bed with us. I don't think I want to do it ever again. He's free to come sleep with us when he's older and has a nightmare or just cause, but not as a baby. Plus I feel like it's affecting his napping too. I NEED those naps to stay sane.

It is impossible to sleep with a little hand grabbing your nostrils or with a foot kicking you in the throat. Then there are the 70 times I woke up to check that he wasn't suffocating. The whole family slept terribly last night, and later that morning I got rewarded with a headbutt to the face that instantly gave me a huge headache.

Sometimes parenthood sucks so hard. And then your baby will rock out to Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas" (my favourite Christmas song) and the world is rosy again. It's like I'm clinically insane, but it's just the highs and lows of being a parent.

May you all have a wonderful weekend, full of long sleeps, cuddles and pajama dance parties!

Please sleep like a champ like you used to, baby man.

No comments:

Post a Comment