Image Map

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

We Had a Good Sleeper

For a couple of glorious months we had a toddler who slept like a big boy. He would fall asleep in his bed on his own, without too much effort on our parts. It was so wonderful and welcome because for what felt like a million years, he was waking up in the middle of the night wanting to sleep in the big bed with us. However, for the last few days, bedtime has been a huge song and dance that culminates in 10pm bedtimes.

Last night, he only wanted to sleep on mommy. I was so worn out that I took him into the big bed to sleep. What have I done?! We just reverted back to the old way that we were trying to get away from and that we had actually succeeded in overcoming! Then I started feeling guilty about it, which woke me up, and then I got hungry because pregnant, so I ended up writing a blog post about it while stuffing my face with veggie straws and cherries at 11pm.

I just want that good sleeper back. I want some evening downtime before bed. I don't want to fight anyone for my pregnancy pillow while I'm enormously pregnant. But I guess the Rolling Stones were right, you can't always get what you want.

Momie signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment