Image Map

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I Think He Knows

I'm pretty sure now that Small Human knows something is up, and that life is about to change drastically forever. When we are out and about (or oot and aboot), he's still quite independent and sociable with both friends and strangers, but when we are at home he is a clingy snugglepotamus. He follows me around to every single room, likes to sit on me, hug me, talk to me, and all around just lavishes me with attention.

I also got my wish and he has started asking to sleep on me again. The only thing is that this makes his baby brother kick up a storm in what may possibly be protest. He kicks so hard that sometimes big brother gets woken up! Then there are the other hazards to consider, such as not being able to get up again with a 30 pound toddler on one's chest, but I'm managing. I should mention that I'm also getting a prenatal massage this morning to help with that, and with my super glamorous sciatic nerve pain.

I feel like a jerk complaining about being pregnant, because at the end of it all I get this super cute new member of the family whom I had a big hand in bringing into this world. How cool and what a huge honour is that? I'm just hoping that I can fully enjoy this time as a family of three and really make the most of it for the little boy who first made me a mommy. A couple extra date nights with my husband would be nice too! No matter what though, I'm also super excited to meet my new son in less than three months.


No comments:

Post a Comment