Image Map

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Summer! Camp, Wardrobe, & Fun

In six weeks, my Small Human will be going to summer camp. I'm not sure who's more excited, him or me, but suffice it to say that we are all looking forward to it! I'm going to miss having my little perma-buddy around all day every day, but as I get larger and start to waddle even more, I think it will serve as a nice break for momie. Plus, when I picture picking him up after camp and seeing his bright, little, happy face, it's already making me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Or perhaps I feel warm and fuzzy because it's getting properly hot in Seattle this week. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to drag the family out to buy an AC unit this weekend just in case. We had a warmish night last week and I was running so hot that it was downright uncomfortable and I ended up having such a fitful night's sleep. Trust me, I tried to time it so that I wouldn't be pregnant at the height of summer, but clearly the universe had other plans for us. No big deal, I like the heat, but I also like sleeping well.

I have a feeling that I will be spending lots of time in the wading pool with the toddlers this summer! We took advantage of the many end of season sales last summer (everything 40-50% off), so Small Human's got a great, but pared down to the essentials, summer wardrobe. 8 tanks, 8 pairs of shorts, water shoes, only waterproof sandals (I learned my lesson last year, my kid jumps into fountains willy nilly), three swim trunks, two pairs of sunglasses, and a personalized mini beach towel. The only thing we're missing is a hat, but only because I'm not sure he'd sport one this year. He's such a little fashionisto that he may just wear one if he chooses it himself at the store, so we may do that this week at Old Navy.

I'm getting so excited, summer is my favourite of all the seasons!

lol this face

No comments:

Post a Comment