Image Map

Friday, May 8, 2015

Mothers Aplenty

I was very blessed to have grown up with three mothers. There is my actual mom, Myrna, who had me via c-section because I was in breech position; my big sister Joy (aka "At"), who was quite a bit older than me growing up and therefore served as my super young, cool mom; and my aunt Marian, my mum's youngest sister, whom I lovingly call Tita Nini. I am now extra lucky these last few years, to have added an amazing mother-in-law, Doretta aka Mom into this mix, who treats me like her own and whose generosity knows no bounds. I also have many wonderful aunts whom I adore, and so many friends who have recently become mothers (some for the second and third time!) that I greatly admire and deeply respect.

You are all a huge source of inspiration and strength to me. Thank you for doing what you do, and for being who you are. I realized that you probably had no idea whatsoever that I hold you all in such high regard, so I am telling you now. You work so hard, and you love so much, and I think it's one of the most beautiful things I have had the pleasure of witnessing. It isn't always easy or pretty or fun, but it's necessary, and you're all doing a great job. Thank you for being the mamas that inspire me to be greater and stronger, and to never give up when the going is so damn tough.

Happy Mother's Day. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment