Image Map

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pregnancy: The Best & Worst Things

As much as I don't want to turn this into a pregnancy blog, the fact of the matter is, I'm pregnant, and I find that pregnancy always takes over my life a little. It changes you, at times for the better and at times for the worse, but it's a definite marked change and I'm deep in the throes/joys of it.

I adore carrying my little baby around inside my body as he grows bigger and stronger. It's our special little private time together before I have to share him with the rest of the world. I love seeing my belly get bigger, and I'm really enjoying the fact that I was able to do this again. I feel so privileged to be able to expand our family, even if it means increasing our stress levels and home chaos in the future. It's a craziness that I look forward to.

Some people make growing a new life sound magical and mystical, but it can be straight up difficult. Right now I'm in the cute bump, but can still move around easily phase, so I'm trying to enjoy it (and life) before it gets even more intense.

Here's a quick list of the pros and cons of this pregnancy so far:

Pros
  • My rib cage has already expanded and enlarged, so it doesn't hurt this time around
  • I'm not worried about stretch marks because I already have them
  • I can still nap because Small Human still takes good naps
  • Baby kicks are my favourite thing in the whole world
  • I can literally stop traffic with my belly and my stroller
  • My back pain caused by my tilted uterus is totally gone!
  • My skin and hair are freaking amazing
  • My boobs are glorious (I always go from 34B to 36DD+)
  • I'm feeling really confident and beautiful
  • I'm pregnant and there is a sweet baby in my belly
Cons
  • I am much more cranky and irritable and my patience runs out faster
  • I get tired pretty easily so I've been driving more
  • Even at 18 and a half weeks, my morning sickness is still here
  • I got heartburn earlier than last time
  • My gas is ridiculously plentiful
  • Everything makes me cry: happy things, sad things, thing things
  • My skin is super duper itchy at times
  • Every cramp or pull scares the living daylights out of me
  • I get dizzy spells
  • I can eat 10 bites of my food before I get super full, but I'm hungry again 45 minutes later
  • My feet kill if I walk too much

As you can see, I've got my hands full, and I'm just taking it day by day. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment