Image Map

Monday, November 24, 2014

Wilson Family Portrait

After a lot of thought, I decided to go ahead and have a family photo shoot taken by our wonderful and talented friend Eliza of Eliza Truitt Photography. I was a bit reluctant to do them because of our loss at the end of the summer. I was supposed to have a little baby bump in our family photos this year but it didn't work out the way we had planned, and frankly, it made me really sad.

Life goes on though, the baby that I do have is growing up quickly and really no longer a baby, and I still wanted to capture his smallness. You never get any days back after you have lived them, so you really do have to remember to cherish the blessings that you have been given.

It was really cold the weekend we had our session with Eliza, so we figured that an indoor shoot would be best. Cold days are usually sunny days in Seattle, which meant really great morning light. The Small Human was not cooperative at all, but Eliza is so good that she was able to capture some fantastic moments anyway. I can almost erase all the crankiness of that day in my memory and replace them with the beautiful pictures! 

Here is a sneak peek:





No comments:

Post a Comment