Image Map

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Burned Out

I haven't done the groceries, my fridge is mostly empty, my hair is dirty, my head has been throbbing since Sunday, and I am wearing a fluffy, shapeless bathrobe. It's one of those weeks. There are definitely good things like sun, activities, and a clean house and clothes, but the negatives are still overtaking the positives. I'm just tired, feeling burned out and seeing how thankless motherhood can be sometimes.

Small Human is in a major daddy phase right now, so all he does is call for his dad. He calls him Daddy now and no longer Dada, by the way. My days are spent making this child's life awesome. I clean his dirty butt, wash his clothes, make sure he's warm enough, dry enough, and has eaten enough. I read everything he wants me to read to him, play with every toy, sing songs, and visit the city of Seattle and its sights with him every day. Every. Day.

Yet somehow after all this, he still just wants his Daddy. Yes, I realize that I am being irrational, and that it doesn't mean my kid doesn't love me, he's probably missing his dad and practicing saying the new word "Daddy", but it can get to you if you are already feeling kinda shitty.

Writing usually makes me feel better, but right now it's making me feel like a procrastinator. I will get around to my post about our fun weekend eventually, probably tomorrow. Right now I need to take care of business, cause my business is Motherhood and Housekeeper and no one is going to do it for me. Enjoy your week, lovelies.

Running away from me and into the toy store of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment