Image Map

Friday, September 26, 2014

What Kind of Relationship Is This?!

Having a toddler is like being in an abusive relationship. One minute, they want you and you are the love of their life, the only person in their eyes. You get kisses and hugs and giggles. Then the next minute you are getting bludgeoned with a sippy cup and pushed away violently, while receiving looks of passionate, furious anger. All this because they have just decided that long sleeves are evil and someone must pay.

There seems to either be a growth/development spurt, or molar teething going on. Either way it is making me bonkers and very tired. Small Human's latest phase is throwing tantrums in public. We are talking real tantrums here, with fake crying, lots of screaming, and body-thrashing that sometimes results in injuries. I have a feeling he's getting frustrated with himself for not being able to communicate, but I also think it's because he's not into structure. He always seems to lose it when he is forced to do something, but he has to learn!

The last couple of days have been tough for us, my sweet little boy has been acting like a really big a-hole. It's breaking my heart because I know something is up and I want to help him with it, I just don't know what it is. All I have for him is patience, but I think that will be running out before too long if this weird personality-shift doesn't correct itself. It doesn't help that the Seattle winter rain has decided to show up early, and is killing me slowly.

I miss sunshine and my sweet little man. Have a great, non-whiny, tantrum-free weekend everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment