Image Map

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

B is for Barf

Our beloved Brtiax B-Agile stroller had a bit of a catastrophe the other day. We were out shopping and I thought I was being a superstar mommy for changing Small Human's diaper before he leaked through it. This is something that happens nearly every time we go shopping. Sometimes it's pee, sometimes it's poop, but this time everything seemed to go smoothly. Go me! Until I gave my baby a new type of snack that he didn't enjoy the taste of, that made him vomit up what seemed like The World.

The poor kid was upset but somehow quite composed. I, however, was horrified but thanked my lucky stars for the extra wipes I decided to pack before we left. This all happened in the middle of getting stuff done, so we still had to make a few stops around downtown Seattle, while reeking of vomit and garnering strange looks.

Anyway, we got through it, because there was no other choice. Over and done with! Only now our main stroller is a vomit-mobile. I sprayed that sucker down with anti-bacterial spray, washed it with soap and water, and even let it air dry outside overnight. It remains incredibly malodorous. I lathered, I rinsed, I repeated. I just sprayed it with rubbing alcohol and plan to scrub it with an old toothbrush and wash it down once more, but I am not hopeful.

I found some organic stroller cleaning products online called BuggyLove that I might try out because I refuse to use Febreze and other things with scary chemicals, but seriously, how is vomit so pervasive and stubborn?

I know I say this a lot, but isn't my life so glamorous? Just another day in the life of this Momie. xoxo By the way, today is my 4 year anniversary of living in Seattle and true to form, it is raining. Now it's time to go have some coffee and wear plaid. ;)

Poor kid, but ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment