Image Map

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Rest in Peace My Sweet Toby

My rabbit passed away late last night. I'm relieved I was able to be with him for his last moments on earth, but they were very tough last moments.

Toby Lofranco-Wilson came into my life almost exactly 5 years ago. He was a beautiful Dutch Cross rabbit that was found wandering the streets of Toronto, emaciated and with cataracts in both his eyes. I had no idea how old he was, and had only intended to foster him until I found him a good home. However, I saw him for what he was: a gorgeous bunny with a sweet disposition and he stole my heart.

He was a hearty guy who survived near starvation, cancer, eye removal surgery, complete blindness, and an adventurous plane ride to his final home in Seattle. He will be greatly missed by his mama, papa, brother Noah, and sister Tidbit.

My Boby, my Toblerone, my Dutchie, you brought joy into our hearts with your cautious, deliberate gait, drove us crazy by chewing through our electronics and furniture legs, but won us over with your insatiable appetite, sweetness, and that permanent tuxedo.

Thank you for being a part of our family, and for making Noah laugh every morning as soon as he woke up and saw you in the room you two shared together. You were loved so much and you will be missed even more. May you get to eat all the banana you want in heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment