Image Map

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Parent Terror

On Monday afternoon I was treated to a super luxurious and confusing three hour nap from Small Human. I knew it was too good to be true, and was later rewarded with the most difficult bed time of our time together as mother and child. He was so hyper and fully ready to battle for a couple of hours for sure.

After twenty minutes, when I decided there would be no more Mister Nice Momie, I said good night and walked away to let him cry. This is when we heard the terrifying thump of a toddler hitting the ground running. Of course, I prefer that sound to one of a toddler hitting the ground and screaming in pain.

So we lowered the crib to its lowest setting and tried again. There was another thump not even a minute later! He didn't seem hurt, but it scared me so hard I almost cried. Bedtime took nearly two hours last night, and I am not keen to make a habit out of it.

I'm not sure how to handle the crib escapage because he is not ready for a toddler bed. However, I am never going to be ready to make a trip to the emergency room because my baby seriously injured himself, so we'll see what the options are in the days to come. Gah! His travel crib may have to become his full time crib if he keeps jailbreaking.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The perp


No comments:

Post a Comment