Image Map

Monday, February 9, 2015

Organic Schmorganic

I shouldn't be surprised that my son is a picky eater, since he comes from picky eater stock. Brendan and I were both pretty picky as kids but great food lovers now. I had such high hopes of having a toddler I could feed organic fruits and veggies and meats, and I do still give him whole grains and organic milk. My problem is that his favourite things to eat are bacon, french fries, tortellini (or "lini" as he calls it) and toast with peanut butter. My Small Human at least always tries to eat bananas or kale or carrots, but I'm pretty sure most of it gets spit out.

This mama is resigned to letting her son eat pancakes and veggie smoothies for dinner. He's tall, really strong, and getting smarter every day, so I'm not that worried. It's just really annoying when all I want is for him to eat good, healthy things, and it's embarrassing for me when he yells, "Noah cookie!" when we're out and about, making me look like all I do is feed him cookies. Honestly, some days I feel like I'm winning when he eats anything at all, even if it's a cookie.

I know it's just another weird toddler phase, and one day he'll be eating us out of house and home, but just allow me to vent my present frustration please. Now excuse me while I pour myself a small glass of cold pressed juice. Just kidding. Maybe.

Eating an apple slice to prove my whole blog post, wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment