Image Map

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hello Everyone!

I know that I disappeared this week, but it has been an intense one. 90 degree heat, doctor's appointments, summer camp, broken appliances, repair men coming by, Brendan leaving for five days, and being a gigantic, waddling pregnant lady with a two and a half year old is a whole lot for one week. We're managing, but I feel like I could sleep for a hundred years.

What's funny is that Small Human likes to wake his dad up at 6:30 every day, but he wakes Momie up at 8 or 9, good boy! But it's not like I get a full night's sleep anyway, since I often get up to pee three times a night. None of this matters, because the chores still need to get done and we have places to go and people to see, regardless of how rested or fatigued I feel. The show must go on!

As of Friday, I'm 30 weeks along into this pregnancy. It's so exciting, and I keep thinking I need to do more things to get prepared, but I feel like we're all set, is that possible? I have one more ultrasound to schedule, but other than that we're so ready.

I am in utter disbelief at how difficult everything is for me right now. Picking toys up off the floor feels like a boot camp session. Even going anywhere without Small Human has become hard. I actually got in my car to drive the 60 seconds it takes to get to my post office today. It was 85 degrees and an uphill walk, so that is what I'm telling myself I did it for. Then there are the really heartbreaking things, like when my son asks to sit on my lap to read and there just isn't enough lap for him to sit on, or when he wants to sleep on me but my belly is in the way. He just doesn't understand why I can't carry him from the car to the house anymore, poor kid.

That's really all that we have been up to. It's been a fun summer, but I'm already looking forward to the fall! Happy August everyone. xo

Trudging along with the potty training!

No comments:

Post a Comment