Image Map

Monday, August 10, 2015

Still Feel Weird & Yucky About It

Whenever I go to my Obstetrician's office, which is becoming much more frequent now that baby Wilson #2's arrival approaches, I still get a gross tingly feeling in my feet every time I pass by the room I had my D&C in.

Isn't it funny how the brain works? There is now a large and healthy occupant in my uterus, but I still mourn the baby that never was, and the traumatizing month that ensued. I'm really glad people are starting to talk about miscarriages more, with the help of Mark Zuckerberg sharing his wife's story, YouTube vloggers being open about their experiences, and the many, many truthful Scary Mommy bloggers.

It probably seems like all I have done this pregnancy is complain, but please don't ever mistake that for my not being incredibly grateful every day for this baby. I haven't met him yet and I am already completely in love. I just don't love the aches and pains this time around is all!

Feeling connected to this pregnancy was tough at first because I didn't want to have to endure yet another devastating loss. I was able to check on and see this little guy's heartbeat at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks and 20 weeks, and one last time this Friday before we get to see him with our own eyes!

I'd like to thank each and every single one of you who has reached out and confided in me about your own experiences with pregnancy loss. I feel truly honoured to have your trust, and I'm glad to be able to provide any kind of support and empathy. Standing together honestly and openly as women and sisters is important.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment