Image Map

Monday, December 21, 2015

Oil and Vinegar

When we decided to start a family, I never thought that one day I would rub various cooking oils all over my second child's head. I did it to naturally rid his new little scalp of cradle cap, which for those of you who don't know, is the name for the scaly, crusty patches that appear on some infants' heads.

The great news is that it worked, his cradle cap is nearly completely gone. The bad news is that I'm dumb and let the oil soak into a few of his blankets, thinking it would just wash out. This has resulted in me thinking I'm getting a clean new blanket for my son, snuggling up to him and then nearly vomiting from the weird sticky residue and gross cooking grease smell emitting from my allegedly fresh laundry.

Nobody wants their baby to smell like last weekend's old bacon grease, so through trial and error and the internet, I figured out how to get that disgusting smell out of my baby's things. Who knew that the best thing to use was half a cup of vinegar and a little squirt of dish soap in the wash? It seems counter intuitive, but instead of making the laundry smell even worse the vinegar neutralized the smell, the dish soap got the sticky feel out of it, and my Smallest Human's laundry is fresher than ever!

Oh, the weird things I do and discover on this journey called motherhood! Happy Week of Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment