Image Map

Thursday, December 3, 2015

My Tribe

The one thing that has kept me somewhat sane in the face of motherhood's many challenges, is having friends who are going through the same thing as me at the same time. I know I say this a lot, but my mom tribe means everything to me. Friends are our chosen family after all. My kids call these women "auntie" and it isn't a bit of a lie.

We cheer each other on in our successes; commiserate with each other during the hard times; and we help each other when the need arises. They also happen to be hilarious and fun and beautiful and talented, and I think I am one very lucky lady!

Our families got together to have dinner last night and it was all kinds of fun chaos. Brendan and I drove home feeling warm and fuzzy inside because since having kids, Seattle has finally felt like home to us. It's December, rainy, warm, and totally unlike every December we knew in Canada, but it feels like home at last.

Here are a few pictures, and naturally, only one mom just barely made it into the photos!









No comments:

Post a Comment