Image Map

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Still a Rookie

Even after almost two and a half years of being a mum, I pulled a total rookie mommy move. It was raining on Monday morning, and neither one of us felt like walking in the rain to Toddler class, so we took the car. It's barely a 5 minute drive without traffic, so that wasn't a problem, but parking in Capitol Hill can sometimes be a nightmare.

I found parking no problem across the street though, but I didn't think it through because I parked directly in front of the ice cream shop. Big mistake. His little face lit up immediately, thinking momie was taking him for some random, rainy Monday morning treat. Luckily, he enjoys class a lot so he forgot all about it once we got inside.

Going home was a totally different story, however. I had to alligator-wrestle him into his car seat through our two door car while he cried bloody murder for his precious ice cream. Then he chanted "Ice cream! Ice cream!" the entire way home. I'm really glad we didn't have far to go. When we got into the house, I asked him what he wanted to eat for lunch, pizza or a PB&J sandwich, to which he replied in a very serious, serial killer whisper, "Ice cream, mumum".

I laughed so hard, it was really cute, but all of this resulted in him having absolutely nothing for lunch but a cup of milk. The kid really thought he could convince me to give him ice cream for lunch! Oh well. He's napping really well right now, so you win some and you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment