Image Map

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pregnancy Skin Care Routine

Blasted dryness! Being of Filipino heritage, I have always been subject to dry skin, especially during the winter. Moving out to the Pacific Northwest has helped a lot with that, but all bets are off when I'm pregnant. I am itchy all the time, and everywhere! Seriously everywhere, including inside my right ear, no joke, and it's summer right now.

Every day, I have to fight to keep from looking ashy and feeling itchy and tight, and a couple weeks ago I'd finally had enough. Kiehl's was having their Friends and Family sale, so I took advantage of it and bought a big bottle of their infamous (and uncomfortably pricey) Creme de Corps Lotion, as well as a small tub of their Creme de Corps Whipped Body Butter. These two products, combined with my homemade face & body scrub, finally helped me to achieve my itch-free skin relief.

The scrub smells scrumptious and moisturizing already, and the lotion is fragrance free and totally non-offensive to my pregnant senses, which is a plus. The whipped body butter is quite heavily scented however, with "soy milk & honey" so I only apply that to my rapidly growing belly and it's not so bad. I'm like a skin commercial if you happen to bump into me after a shower, so dewy and glowy, it's amazing.

As if that wasn't enough, if you can believe it, my nose has even started to crack and bleed from blowing my nose non stop due to pregnancy rhinitis/allergies. The only thing that helps me with that is Vaseline Cocoa Butter petroleum jelly. One dab and I feel instant relief.

What are/were your pregnancy skincare routines like? I'd love to know!



No comments:

Post a Comment