Image Map

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Busy Life With Two

I know, I know, where the heck have I been? I'm not going to lie, I've been feeling beat down by life the last couple of months. Sleep hasn't been plentiful in our house, but tantrums have been. It feels like there aren't enough hours in a day to do everything that needs to be done, but also like bedtime can't get here fast enough. My house is never completely clean, always smells a little funny, and it seems like the laundry never, ever ends.

Here's a quick update of what's gone down since I last posted:

  • Noah had his first ear infection and was the loudest, most miserable sick person I have ever encountered in my life.
  • Elias is teething, so he has been waking up every two hours during the night, like a newborn, poor cranky baby. He is a total momie's boy, and clings to me like no tomorrow.
  • Brendan has been working hard as usual and was gone for a week in March, and will be again later this month.
  • I started working out again to lose the baby weight. 
  • We've been dealing with Noah forcefully asserting his will, and lemme tell you, he is very strong willed.
  • Had a couple of tearful preschool drop offs, which was so sad and uncharacteristic.
  • Noah started soccer classes.

Life has been good too, though! Noah's personality is really starting to shine through, and when he's not being obstinate, he is seriously so much fun. When we go out to the store, he always likes to "pay" when we're done. He brings along my old (metallic gold!) wallet filled with business cards and old gift cards, and swipes them on the keypad when we check out.

Eli has been getting exponentially cuter too, laughing at his big brother's antics and talking all the time. He's always so curious about everything, it's really beautiful to watch.

We've got family here this week for Elias' baptism, so it's going to be fun. It will also be a relief to have a couple extra pairs of hands to help us!  






No comments:

Post a Comment