Image Map

Friday, September 8, 2017

Living in The Sweet Spot

Alright, I think this is it. That moment in time you look back on fondly, even though when you're living in it, it feels like you're failing and struggling. When I'm old(er) and grey (maybe), and my kids are grown, I'm going to look back on these days of their little boyhood and feel that twinge of longing. Noah and Elias are such a handful right now, but honestly, the problems are little ones. Noah throwing a tantrum because I made him stop playing Astroneer (his daddy's video game); Elias throwing a tantrum because he has big toddler emotions; never getting to sit down until after bedtime because I'm washing sheets soaked with pee, washing 700 sippy cups, or the never ending chain of demands I get from my two little guys. "Mama can I have goldfish crackers please?", "Mama, milk! Milk! MILK PEESE!" "Mama there's a spider! No, don't kill it, he's my friend, The Mosquito Eater!" "Mama! Hug, hug, hug!" "Mama, when can we go to Hawaii?" "Mama, walk outside!"

It's taxing, and sometimes very stressful, especially when I've got things that need to get done, or we've got somewhere to be, but honestly, I love my life. My two boys are both so affectionate and sweet, I never want for snuggles or kisses! I never tire of the explosive giggles that occur every single day. I complain a lot because I'm tired and always cleaning and taking care of people, but I also get to read to two rapt little boys sitting in my lap, smell their freshly washed hair, kiss their fat little cheeks, and listen to their little chirping voices asking for more bedtime stories and more songs. I love them so much, and I'm so grateful for this life, for our health and our safety. There are so many horrible things happening in our world right now, so much sadness, we really need to find the things that truly make our hearts content.


No comments:

Post a Comment